In the Technology department (R&D), no two days are the same. Our activities are based all over the world and each project is different. These projects improve the business of our external customers within the Airports, Warehousing and Parcel business. The technology department is committed enhance Vanderlande’s competitive position through state-of-the-art solutions.
You will be part of the Innovate department in which new and highly innovative technologies across all our market segments are explored. As Innovation Engineer IT you will work on different projects to discover and assess the maturity level of the Technology, its capabilities and identify whether these can be integrated to improve the solutions we offer to our customers. In this role, you will also work closely together with business experts from the whole Vanderlande organization and you will have the opportunity to brainstorm together about potential new applications or enhancement of our current portfolio in the field of IT. You will also participate in a Research Program together with the TU/e. Your personal and professional development play the key role within this position. You will receive personal and content-related training, on and off the job to prepare you for this challenging role.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Capable of identifying and defining new opportunities related to the IT Technology;
- Assess technology maturity level for different IT technologies and tools: Software Containers, Container Orchestration and modern software architecture approaches, Smart & Connected Systems. Being able to demonstrate the benefits and opportunities of their implementation in different development environments;
- Develop and showcase prototypes that demonstrate tangible benefits to the business;
- Evaluating how new technologies can introduce new business or improve the given business;
- You are familiar with modern development approaches like cloud native;
- Collaborate with ecosystem (partners, academia and suppliers);
- Write and maintain relevant support documentation;
- You have a proactive coordination and communication with internal and external specialists, Innovate lead’s and other stakeholders.
- You have a Master Degree and a great affinity with IT technology;
- You have acquired at least 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Proven experience in a position related with IT technology;
- You have affinity with other Technologies part of our Innovation Strategy (Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles, Artificial Intelligence, Smart & Connected Systems);
- You have experience with relevant tools for Software Development (e.g. Go, Java, Git, Python);
- You have an open-minded and supportive nature;
- You think and act agile;
- You have experience in data analytics or data science;
- Innovative mindset;
- Proven experience in using excellent communication by managing stakeholders in an international team;
- Your analytical skills are excellent, you are able to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions;
- You are result-oriented and have a pro-active approach.
In the position of Innovation Engineer IT, you make the difference and will be an important linking pin within the organization. You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
- 27 days of vacations & 13 ADV days;
- Flexible working hours;
- Training and coaching to support personal development;
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare;
If the position of Innovation Engineer IT appeals to you, then please apply by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and cover letter. For more information, please contact Ralph Jonker (Recruiter), +31(0)413 495 679.