Assignment type: Internship
Assignment data: 01-10-2021 or 01-04-2022
Assignment duration: 6 months
Location: Veghel and home office
Educational: HBO or WO
Desired study: Information Technology or Business Administration with IT affinity
Language: Dutch or English
Description of the assignment
Based on a use case problem we expect the student to provide a description of the solution that could be implemented in the current design / tooling of the world wide used calculation tooling.
Depending on the intern's background, skills, and interest, the assignment can be steered towards a more technical or business subject.
Strategic Costing and Verification department is part of the technology department. It provides the tooling, data and methods that enables sales engineers worldwide to reliably calculate the cost and profitability of new project proposals that can range from half a million to hundreds of millions.
The SC&V department is located centrally in the organization. Because of this, SC&V operations cross-functional with departments such as IT, finance, sales, and supply chain. These are also stakeholders for your assignment.
The student will work in the SC&V team, but is expected to have a lot of contact with other departments as well.
- Analyze the business question and find the reasons behind
- Describe the use case
- Investigate the requirements that must be met by the solution
- Determine the general solution with the use of expert interviews
- Determine the required changes to data structure of the tool and new functions required
- Enrolled in information technology or Business Economics with a strong IT components
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to independently interview experts or domain specialists
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent Dutch and English writing and verbal communication skills
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? And are you looking for an internship/graduation assignment in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” four years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or contact Stef Alferink (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 (0)413 – 75 50 87.