Would you like to contribute to the logistics performance of A-brands like Nike and Zalando worldwide? Do you know what our customers need? And do you have a strong affinity with developing technical solutions for our customers, building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and do you have commercial flair? Then start a new challenge in your career and join our team!
Vanderlande provides its customers with life-cycle services for their automated material handling systems. Life-cycle plans and Revision, Modification and Retrofit (RMR) projects are extremely important to keep a system in perfect shape and to adept it to the customer’s needs. As Project Sales Engineer for Warehousing Solutions, you are responsible to set up and maintain Life-cycle plans, consult customers and prepare concepts and pricing for complex RMR projects, as well as to support the Service Operations department with in-depth knowledge of our technical Vanderlande equipment. Furthermore, you will play an important role in professionalizing Project Sales Engineering and supporting Regions and Branches in developing this competence.
In this challenging role, you will serve a large variety of customers and you will work closely together with the customer, the Vanderlande Service Account Managers and different Supply Centers and external suppliers to design and sell the best offer to our customers.
In close consultation with all internal stakeholders, you advise in solutions for our customers. You will provide input to the sales plan and define the best approach to pursue the opportunity. With your process knowledge, you can translate the customers’ request to a solution and concept layout together with the Engineers in our team. You prepare the concept and pricing for the project and align with all internal and external parties involved (Pricing, Procurement, Planning, Engineering). After a project is sold, you secure and organize a successful project kickoff with the Service Project Manager. You are comfortable and flexible to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Your qualifications and skills
- A technical bachelor or master degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing in English.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, anticipating and mitigating project risks, and dealing with issues in a practical environment.
- A cooperative mindset, enthusiastic to work in multidisciplinary, international teams, and like to share your knowledge with your coworkers
- Analytical ability to structure and solve logistical problems
- You have a strong customer focus, ‘Service mindset’, and can convince your stakeholders
- Willing to travel up to 5% internationally.
In the challenging and responsible position of (Junior) Project Sales Engineer you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. This position offers a competitive salary range of €4100 to €5290 gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth €300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If the role of (Junior) Project Sales Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV. For more information, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg, Senior Recruiter on +31 413 49 44 08.