The Maintenance Technicians are the main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the mechanical and electrical level of the material handling system. This will be done during the dwell periods in between the flights and in the other non-operational hours.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
• Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems
• Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
• Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
• Schedule maintenance tasks to ensure job completion.
• Reporting through CMMS
• React to messages from the Control Room or manager
• Preventive Maintenance – Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement
• Tote running
• Attending to call outs, faults, alarms and warnings, Supervising staff, scheduling, training
• Attending to stoppages and bag jams
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Minimum technical experience in an industrial environment
• Flexible work schedule for 24/7 operations
• Valid Drivers License
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
• Minimum 1 year CMMS experience
• Minimum 2 years of material handling experience
• Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
• Basic knowledge of controls (PLC, PC) systems
• Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
• Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Customer and service oriented
• Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
• Working knowledge of computers and equipment
• Ability to solve problems under pressure
• Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts available; overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires up no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands for this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (transmit, convey, receive) information. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently (26% to 74%) required to climb; reach; sit; and access confined spaces that require kneeling, crawling, and other positions that require physical maneuvering. The employee is constantly (75% or more) required to move and lift objects (luggage bags, stack of tubs, tools, equipment, parts, etc.) of up to 50lbs; bend/twist; stoop; stand; walk; push-pull. The employee is occasionally (up to 25% of the time) required to carry and transfer up to between 50 and 120lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud due to aircraft engines and equipment.
Employee works in the secured baggage handling area, repair station, airfield, office environment and other areas within the airport. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.