Based in the South-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, you will become part of our Australian service organisation where you will form part of a 24-hour maintenance team in one of the most automated warehousing solutions that has ever been built. Our main goal in the Vanderlande Service team, is to ensure that our equipment delivers the best possible operational output for our valued customers and this is what we deliver without fail on a daily basis.
As a Mechanical Technician, your role within the team is to repair break downs, fault finding and undertake preventative and corrective maintenance on a newly built, state of the art warehouse facility owned by one of the largest retail companies in Australia.
Your focus will be on:
- Preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Fault finding on automated systems.
- Refurbish, rebuild and perform machining tasks to a variety of automated equipment.
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability as well as availability
You will have access to our brand new, fully equipped on site workshop to perform machining tasks.
This role will be on a 4 day on / 4 day off rotating roster (12 hour shifts). We are also ready for a candidate to start immediately if available.
You will join a highly motivated and professional team with a strong culture for safety.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Fitter & Turner, Toolmaker or Fitter machinist with trade qualifications.
- 3 to 5 years relevant working experience as Service Engineer/Technician.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with proven experience.
- Strong understanding of conveyor systems, chain/belt/pulley systems, pneumatics, etc.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Highly motivated with a keen interest to further your own ability and studies.
- Honest, reliable and proactive with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- A PR or Australian citizenship.
- Experience in a FMCG environment.
- Experience in logistics, postal sorting and baggage handling systems highly regarded.
- Welding and manufacturing experience.
- Proven automation background.
- Dual Trade Certificate (mechanical and electrical) (restricted electrical license connect disconnect or restricted licence.)
- Working with Heights
What we offer you
In this challenging position, you get the chance to work on a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time ongoing position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does. To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit a cover letter and resume.