Summary: The Mechanical Site Engineer will travel to support the installation and site supervision teams on material handling projects in North America [United States, Canada and Mexico]. You will be the mechanical engineering representative and a first point of contact for any mechanical design or installation issues. You will be responsible for documenting those issues, tracking all design changes, red lining installation drawings, and coordinating the corrections with the responsible office-based engineers. This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer who is looking to travel and use their problem-solving skills. There is an initial period of onboarding and learning by working on the office-based project engineering team for 4-6 months. Due to the cyclical nature of project work there will be periods of office-based project work required between site deployments. This office-based work involves the normal Mechanical Project Engineer activities of doing 3D modeling, writing equipment specifications and the creation of other project deliverables such as site instructions and equipment manifests. Office based work may also include occasional trips outside of North America to be trained on specific equipment and/or learn from other ongoing projects at one of our many global sites in Europe or Asia.
This position is based out of our offices in Marietta, GA and relocation assistance is available.
Travel – 75%
Office – 25%
JOB TASKS AND DUTIES
• [Site] Confirm Pre-Installation Site Instructions are being implemented
• [Site and Office] Creating and executing Engineering Site Instructions as needed
• [Site] Auditing and maintaining Controlled Drawings, to ensure Red Lines for As-Builts
• [Site] Checking Datum Points to End of conveyors and center lines during layout process on site
• [Site] Installation Quality Control
o Spot check equipment during installation to confirm Drawings and PDB’s have been implemented
o Spot check equipment elevations and angles are per drawing
o Enforce awareness of workmanship quality assurance issues
• [Site] Assist site with installation issues as needed
• [Site] Generate snag list and submit for corrective actions by installation subcontractors
• [Site] Report any internal quality issues with equipment/installation/logistics in Omnitracker (Vanderlande error reporting system)
• [Site] Follow up corrective actions for reported internal quality issues.
• [Office] Model material handling systems using a proprietary AutoCAD based CAD system
• [Office] General equipment specifications for Vanderlande and 3rd party equipment
Page 2 of 2 Reference ID: Error! Unknown document property name.
• [Office] Generate equipment manifests
• [Office] Perform quality checks on drawings, specifications, and site instructions
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Minimum of 4 years of work experience in the construction or manufacturing industry or 2 years of work experience in site engineering in the material handling industry
• Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical/Mechatronics engineering degree is preferred
• Experience with OSHA site safety requirements
• Experienced user of Microsoft office software
• Experienced with AutoCAD and/or Navis preferred
• Experience in working with database systems
• Independent and result driven work ethic
• Experienced in reporting KPI’s and other quality reports/progress sheets
• Valid US passport or ability to acquire one as required
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.