Are you the Operational Buyer with excellent communication skills who loves to work in our pragmatic and dynamic work environment? We are looking for an eager, punctual and independent colleague who is ready to support our Ordering team in Europe.
The Ordering department that you will support is part of Supply Chain Center Europe (SCC EU) and falls within Global Supply Chain. SCC EU is responsible for the supply of goods and services to the projects of our customers. A smooth execution of projects depends on a strong Ordering organization.
As an Operational Buyer you will support the Ordering team in Europe by taking care of operational purchasing activities. Placing and approving purchase orders, monitoring and chasing order (re)confirmations from suppliers, processing defer and expedite requests from projects, processing price changes and handling invoice differences will belong to your core responsibilities. You will directly work together with multiple Senior Operational Buyers in Europe and adjacent stakeholders, such as Category Managers and Supply Chain Planners. Moreover you will actively communicate with external suppliers located in different countries within Europe.
In order to be successful in this challenge you:
- Have a very good command of the English language in word and writing
- Possess extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possess affiliate knowledge of working with ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards (Oracle)
- Have a very accurate and structured mindset with an eye for details
- Are a flexible team player who can work with a diversity of people and cultures
- Can deal with healthy tension and pressure in a dynamic / international company
- Are able to work efficient, effective with a flexibility to switch tasks quickly