The Project Director is responsible for the successful delivery of our Baggage Handling Systems at airports. This Project Director must have a proven track record with demonstrable positive results in the delivery of large (greater than $50M), complex projects or programs from Material Handling Systems, General Construction or other related fields.
Builds and organizes multi-disciplined team(s) of Site Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Planners, Administrators, and others as required to lead delivery of large and complex projects in excess of $50M or groups of projects comprising multi-year programs at select large airports.
- Leading project teams through sales, pre-construction (systems engineering), execution, and closedown phases.
- Leads the administrative, commercial, technical and financial management and control of all assigned projects.
- Establishes team expectations based upon corporate objectives
- Puts mechanisms and processes in place to ensure expectations are fulfilled
- Creates and maintains continuous improvement loop to monitor performance and improvement opportunities.
- Coordinates with external stakeholders from middle management to C-Level stakeholders to deliver program requirements while protecting Vanderlande interests.
- Coordinates with Government and Authority Having Jurisdiction; as well as city, state, and federal governments to fully comply with the law.
- Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with labor, including local unions, to ensure successful project delivery.
- Puts organization in place to address requirements of internal stakeholders.
- Serves as a proactive leader and problem solver to address complex issues and situations as they arise.
- Implements and leads program level Risk Management process.
- Mentors project team members.
- Sufficient understanding to contract law to successfully negotiate and execute prime contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Leads training, development, and evaluation of the performance of all reporting employees. Works with other department managers in reference to the needs and performance of members on the project teams.
- Directly supports sales activities as required.
- BS in Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management, or similar technical field.
- Minimum 10 years Project Management experience of increasing responsibility leading teams in delivery of large, complex projects ($50M+) with demonstrable positive results.
- Delivery of projects in Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable methods.
- Direct experience with government contracting requirements for project delivery.
- Exceptional and demonstrable leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong, independent decision-making ability.
- Solid and demonstrable negotiating skills.
- Strong business acumen who understands “Thinks Big Picture”.
- Experience leading delivery execution of complex projects such as material handling systems, institutional or manufacturing facilities, or similarly complex projects.
- Professional Engineer or similar credential.
- Airport, baggage handling or parcel systems, airline, or similar experience.
- Pre-existing relationships with airports, airlines or baggage handling systems.
- Travel, as required for position (up to 50% domestic)
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.