Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
As Electrical Project Engineer you'll have a key role in translating and optimising the as sold functionality to a working electrical design within the budget available in co-operation with other disciplines (PLC controls, Software, Installation etc.). You'll provide the design and drawing sets to produce the electrical enclosures and the total cabling specification, from materials right through to the installation drawings and assembly instructions for the installer. It will be your task to draw up the design so that it is unambiguous and to explain it to the installer. Your checklists are used for the commissioning of the complete installation, from connection right through to testing of the last I/O.
Your key responsibilities
- Coordinate electrical design with other departments, third-party and customer interfaces
- Design electrical networks using ethernet, profinet and AS-i bus
- Create single line, cabinet and electrical layout drawings using EPLAN and AutoCAD
- Specify electrical equipment and review design of other engineers
- Design control systems safety parts using performance level calculations
- Review third party electrical design to ensure it complies with regulations
- Makes estimates of budgets, engineering hours and a planning for electrical (part) project
- Create RFQ documentation for electrical installation
- Create installation instructions for electrical site supervisors and installers
- Support the installation and commissioning teams
- Processes as-built documentation from site
- Drives continuous improvement
- Bachelor or Master level degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- At least 5 years relevant working experience
- Excellent communication skills (fluent English writing and speaking)
- Experienced with designing and realizing power distribution systems
- Knowledge of the design and installation of networks such as profinet, AS-i bus and industrial ethernet
- Intermediate knowledge of electromechanical components, cabinets and field wiring for conveyor or similar systems
- Familiarity with developing cabinet and single line drawings using relevant tooling (EPLAN and AutoCAD)
- Pro-active, attention to detail and independently solving problems within own sphere of influence
- Willing to travel and stay on site when required
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to someone who is a team player with a positive, energetic attitude and work ethic as well as the ability to think outside the square.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does. To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit a cover letter and resume.