Responsibilities & Tasks:
· Execute projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results and the organization.
· Execute the mechanical and electrical system design through to final handover to the customer
· Responsible for the system functionality and the technical quality of the material handling system.
· Develop engineering project plans and schedule of the engineering project team and responsible for the progress.
· Coordinate activities of engineering project team in close cooperation with the Project Manager, including subcontractors when part of the engineering team.
· Work closely with clients and subcontractors and with other Project Leaders (for example for loop sorters or HLC SW).
· Document functional system specifications, interface specifications and (high level) test plans, including validation.
· Responsible for all information during the project, including complete project archiving.
· Create and/or oversee user manuals, documentation, training, and project evaluations.
· Report project progress and status to the Project Manager and Engineering Project Manager (Project Status Report including risks and opportunities).
· Monitor and control project budget.
· Understand, interpret, and follow procedures, standards, and regulations.
· Execute the health and safety analysis and be responsible for the safety coordination during the engineering phase.
· Work on quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes.
· Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical/layout engineering, electrical engineering, controls engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation).
· Identify, initiate, and implement improvement activities.
· Drive, support, promote, and improve standardization platforms.
· Advise Engineering Project Managers of needed improvements for project execution and proposing technical solutions for complex and multidisciplinary problems.
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years of experience in implementation of material handling systems or industrial controls systems.
· Knowledge of engineering theories and principles
· Willing and able to travel up to 40%
· Experience utilizing AutoCAD, MS project, Primavera, or other scheduling software
· Project management experience
· Experience with integration and configuration management
· Proactive and hands on work ethic
· Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
· Pragmatic and capable to balance quality, lead time, costs, and technology
· Ability to lead a specialized team responsible for complex project(s)
· Motivator and trainer for coworkers
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.