Service Optimisation Manager
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The primary role of the Reliability Engineer is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations of our customers. Based on Risk Management, life Cycle Asset Management and loss elimination he will ensure maximum system reliability, availability and safety in the most cost-effective manner throughout the system’s lifecycle.
· The Reliability Engineer uses and develops analysis methods for determining technical performance of components, equipment and systems. Acquires and analyses data and makes recommendations for improvements to reduce losses and/ or costs and to mitigate risks. Determines the cost advantages of plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes and systems and is able to present them to the customer.
· Another primary responsibility of the Reliability Engineer is to manage operational risk and develop and improve maintenance concepts and life cycle planning to the achievement of an organization’s strategic objectives in the areas of production, environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality and compliancy.
· Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines a Plant Maintenance Plan that includes:
1. Value-added preventive maintenance tasks.
2. Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
3. Advice on spare parts stock levels.
4. Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
5. Develops/advice on engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
· Develops long-term asset management plans and budgets. Is able to provide life cycle cost analyses and applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
· Performs and facilitates criticality analyses (RI, FMECA, RCM) in a multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder environment.
· Uses and implements data analysis techniques that can include but not limited to Fault Tree Analysis, Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology, Root-Cause Analysis (RCA), Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS). Review and maintain the Maximo EAM database, equipment history and work order history to identify improvement opportunities across all service contracts.
· Provides technical support to operations, technicians and contract and maintenance management to advice, present and implement initiatives.
· Works with (Service) Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, systems, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
· Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria. And participates in the final check out of new installations (service take over). This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
· Works with Operations and process engineers to perform analyses of assets including: Asset Utilization, Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Remaining useful life and other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
· Develop criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Drive to Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Every day better
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
· Technical background in Mechanical, Electrical or IT and controls in order to evaluate the performance of the system and operations.
· Experience with criticality analyses and reliability improvement methods, technologies, and tools
· Ideally IAM qualified, the candidate will have demonstrable knowledge and experience in the application of Asset Management methodologies
· Knowledge of improvement methods such as L6S or TPM.
· Excellent reporting, presentation, verbal and oral communication skills.
· Analytical skills
· Able to present technical information to non-technical audience
· Knowledge of MS-Office, maintenance and reliability tooling
· Can communicate on different levels in an organization
· Can distinguish main issues from side issues
· Good understanding of industrial automation components