As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
As part of the sales team, it is your responsibility develop the AutoCAD layout of the material handling system. You will develop this layout taking into account building constraints, equipment choices and layout requirements, customer requirements, etc. The projects are Warehouse Automation in North America and you will report to the Manager Sales Engineering.
- Fully independently set up and manage 3D Models of material handling systems; this will include mezzanines, operator positions, maintenance access, supports, header steel and any other objects that may impact the system.
- Create models by following a fixed set of design rules and custom blocks as well as meeting any customer specifications.
- Independently develop lay-outs based on a material flow diagram, a building lay-out, and equipment information from sales engineer taking into account consequences of layout decisions on other processes.
- Anticipate layout problems and changes and report clearly on these.
- Understand the entire system from functional level to equipment details.
- Work effectively in team environment incorporating sales engineering, sales and management functions.
- Lead layout engineering activities for large projects with multiple layout engineers; monitor progress and quality of work of other layout engineers and report to the overall project lead.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Make an important contribution to improvement plans to the way of working and tooling; and implement the plans.
- Train less experienced layout engineers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of Drafting Standards is required.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD with the ability to draw and visualize in 3D.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2019 or later is preferred. Currently using 2019.
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Strong Knowledge of ACAD External References is preferred.
- Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects.
- Material handling experience is a preference.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.