Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.7 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 10.1 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 13 of the world’s top 20. More than 39 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The Senior Sales Consultant analyzes business processes at our customers and translates the business requirements into the design for Warehouse Solutions for Warehouse Solutions NA. You will work together with the sales manager regarding the system design and sales strategy to win the project. As part of the design work, you will work closely with our overseas departments that are supporting the marketing, design and development efforts for products and systems.
You also play a role in analyzing trends and translating these into the development of market segments and products. And you are expected to identify the key aspects of the required operational performance of the automated systems and the associated impact on operations. The projects are for Warehouse Automation Systems in North America, and you will report to the Director of Sales Engineering, Warehouse Solutions NA.
- Identify the customer’s automation needs and corresponding process requirements.
- Design conceptual solutions based on order data, process analysis, critical business drivers and requirements, technical complexity and business case for medium to large sized projects.
- Convert a conceptual solution into a system design and associated high-level process design.
- Based on analytical intelligence and experience, identify the key aspects of concepts and associated impact on operations.
- Works on multiple projects, some with assistance from others but often conduct mid-sized projects without assistance.
- Support and maintain the integrity of conceptual design during detailed engineering, system implementation, and system operation.
- Responsible for accurate development and validation of sales price for any sized project and complexity of projects.
- Play a role in determining the development of market segments and products both internally and externally; advantageously position concepts consistent with Vanderlande’s strategic direction.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent working experience (degree requirements and working experience can be substituted for highly qualified candidates).
- Exemplary analytical skills (big data, data integration, performance profiling, ROI, material flow)
- Exceptional sales acumen and ability to direct pricing influences on design strategies
- Strong systems design knowledge mandatory; experience designing warehouse automation systems or logistics systems preferred.
- Possess an excellent proficiency within IT systems, warehouse software, and mechanical / controls technologies.
- Be a confident and proven influencer both internally and towards customers at a senior management.
- Display an extraordinarily ambitious and creative approach to building professional customer relations.
- Ability to comprehend and infer relevant information from a myriad of sources.
- Train, coach and lead sales engineers and sales consultants.
- Ability to articulate airport logistical processes, concepts, and system designs and their impact on all organizational levels externally and internally.
- Prepared to travel up to 25%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation gender identity status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.