What will you be doing?
As Service Contract Manager you will be responsible for managing multiple customer service contracts in our parcel market segment. You are the sparring partner of our customers with the goal to improve our customers competitive positions. With this customer contact, you should be able to identify and generate opportunities beneficial for both the customer and Vanderlande.
- Implementing, managing, negotiating, analysing and optimising service contracts;
- Day to day operations management of the service contracts;
- Actively support on site incidents and investigate root-cause problems;
- Translate problems into changes and manage the lifecycle of the solution;
- Translate clients wishes into propositions;
- Identify and generate new opportunities based on the full scope of our service products at our current customer base;
- Acting as the client's representative within the internal organisation;
- Being responsible for an operational tactical plan for your customers and its implementation, together with various team members;
- Coordination and monitoring of service suppliers who deliver services to our customer against a cost effective budget;
- Setting up and discuss with our customer the investment cycle using a life-cycle plan tailored to the customer's business and their future needs;
- Ensuring a seamless transition from project phase to the service organisation by ensuring operational readiness;
- Leadership in customer satisfaction;
- Design and development of contract management processes and implementation of these processes within the organisation;
- Member of the sales team being responsible for preparing and creating service contracts;
- Cost control of the contracts you will manage.
What do we ask from you?
As Service Contract Manager you will be in frequent contact with both internal and external customers building up long-term relationships. It is essential that you have good communication skills so you understand and translate the client and Vanderlande's operational processes. You also have good negotiation skills and are able to convince others to do what is best for our customers.
- You have a Bachelor degree, preferably in Industrial Engineering or equivalent and a few years of relevant working experience (preferably in a life cycle services and/or logistics and/or technical working environment);
- Hands-on mentality not afraid to take content deep-dive;
- Continuous improvement DNA;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability of profound contract understanding is a pre;
- You act as an entrepreneur in our international environment;
- Good command of English and Dutch
- Willing to travel within the Benelux (30%). These are only short trips of 1 day.
- Willing to be on standby for services approximately 3 times a year
About the team
The department APS (Airport and Parcel Solutions) is responsible for a very significant part of Vanderlande’s total income and is expected to grow strongly for the next years. Service Parcel is part of the APS department and is servicing our client’s parcel systems in the Benelux. Alongside the traditional life cycle services such as maintenance, spare parts and retrofits, we are also developing ourselves as a business partner for our customers, data-driven with more and more intelligent and future-proof solutions. That’s why we are looking for you, talented people to help us!
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Service Contract Manager, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the role of Service Contract Manager appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter.
For more information on the position, please contact Stef Alferink on +31 413 755 087 or via mail Stef.email@example.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.