The Shipping and Receiving Shift Lead will be responsible for the inbound receiving and outbound shipping of materials to customers. He or she supervises a team of Physical Distribution Employees and together they work to resolve issues, meet department goals, and optimize output efficiency. We are looking for a candidate that can motivate the team and that understands that quality, timeliness, safety and costs are the main drivers to success.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Supervises the 2nd Shift employees by overseeing their work, assessing their performance, enforcing policies and corrective measures, and point-in-contact for questions, complaints and concerns.
- Manages the daily operation and ensures timely and complete processing in the department based on production team schedule and priorities.
- Leads by example and ensures that employees comply with the company rules, standards and key values at Vanderlande Industries (VI).
- Develops employees, sets priorities, distributes work, and monitors progress and quality.
- Provide assistance to Manager and may be asked to perform duties of manager in his or her absence.
- Manage vendor interactions and ensure proper levels of supplies (spare parts, tools and office supplies).
- Constantly looking for opportunities to continuous improve and initiate new process improvements.
- Assist and manage other areas as needed, required, or requested
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and valid driver's license.
- Minimum 5 years of Warehousing / Logistics experience.
- 5 years of prior experience as a Lead or Senior role in Warehousing.
- System Experience: ERP (preferably JDE) and Warehouse Management systems (WMS).
- MS Office – Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Strong leadership, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with others and follow basic instructions.
- Ability to work safely and follow OSHA regulations, policies, and practices.
- Ability to read blueprints and measurements, use basic hand tools, and teach others these concepts.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized, and have great time management skills.
- Must be able to lead a team and make decisions with little supervision.
- Must have a strong work ethic with a commitment to process improvement and quality.
- Must be flexible and able to shift priorities quickly based on company needs
- Must represent the company with confidence and professionalism at all time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, 2nd shift 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm. Will be required to work 1st shift (7 am – 4:00 pm) until 2nd shift starts. Note: Subject to change based on company needs. May be required to work overtime, weekends, holidays and shiftwork.
This position may require up to 5% travel to other VI sites Acworth, Cartersville, and Marietta.
This position has Leadership Responsibilities. You will be required to Supervise up-to 10 employees/contractors during the work week. This number could increase due to the business needs.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Employee will be working in an warehouse/manufacturing environment. Temperature can vary: cold temperatures of 40 degrees, and will be required to wear jacket or warm/hot temperature of 70+ degrees. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and utilization of PPE (i.e., safety glasses, gloves, etc.) is required
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, use hands and fingers, talk, hear, and see (close vision and depth).
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.