Are you interested in new technologies? Would you like to work on a variety of international projects involving different market segments? If yes, the position of Software Engineer is the ideal next step in your career and personal development.
As software engineer / project engineer you are responsible for designing, programming, and testing IT (High Level Control – HLC) software. This software implements custom functionality in material handling systems and forms the part of our systems that interact with the users. The functionality of the software includes business logic, controls for logistical transport, communication with external computer systems, reporting, data analysis and simulation.
In addition to development of custom software, you will be responsible for integration of the custom software modules with the standard platform software modules into a working customer solution. To achieve this goal, you will have to be proactive, process minded and be equipped with good people skills.
As High-Level Control Engineer, you will be responsible for high quality operations of the assigned information technologies infrastructure such as in-house applications, databases, their network, and interactions with various depending on systems.
In this function, you will constantly collaborate with Operation Team and Services Team to ensure the continuity of their service functions.
As a Software Engineer your main functions/ tasks will be:
- Actively participating in the definition phase of a project.
- Creating project configurations for the components.
- Creating detailed application designs and implement these in code, software development and interfaces development for other related systems.
- Verifying SW Components and create unit tests. Reviewing test documentation.
- Deploying, verifying, and supporting of components in both factory, and site environments (Commission developed systems at customer’s site).
- Ownership of related documentation and project deliverables.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and fixing internally and externally encountered problems and requested changes.
- Providing support within the project team and to outside stakeholders. Ramp up and level 3 support.
You will be working closely with the Controls Engineers, the Project Managers, and the other Engineers from the Engineering department in a simultaneous number of different projects. You will report to the HLC Team Leader directly.
As a Software Engineer within Vanderlande, we are looking for a person with the follow experience and skills:
Tech skills (Mandatory):
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Software Engineering and a strong preference to work within a business to business environment.
- Experience in real time systems.
- Experience in software development with C# and SQL Server (at least 2 years).
- Knowledge of SQL language.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP interfaces.
- Knowledge and experience with Angular (intermediate).
- Knowledge and experience with .NET framework.
- Knowledge of Jira and Bitbucket.
- Good language skills in English (B2), both verbal and written, and a high level of Spanish (B2).
- A proven track record of successful implementation of an API
Soft skills (Mandatory):
- Strong communicational skills and a creative approach to build professional client relationships.
- Ability to work within an international work environment.
- Willingness to travel within Europe and Latin America.
- Strongly teamwork oriented.
- Focused on the details and value delivery of assigned activities.
Highly regarded (optional):
- Driving license.
- Knowledge of networking and IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge using tools like VMware and Veeam Backup.
- Experience within the logistic/production sector and material handling.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, etc.
We offer a fulltime position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. Besides your primary salary you will receive the following benefits:
- Flexible time schedule.
- Remote working policy with additional compensation for home expenses.
- Holiday: 20 working days, an additional week in Easter & Christmas, and a pack of Magic Days with a reduced work schedule picked at your own convenience.
- Flexible compensation plan (fiscal benefits): private health insurance, transportation, restaurant, nursery, training).
- Continuous training (academy) and appraisal process (career plan).
- Snack vending machine.
- Allowance for overseas working