Job Title: Specialist Site supervisor
Mechanical/ Mechatronics/ Electrical /Electronics/Industrial Automation.
- Min 5 years’ experience on projects as supervisor for site installations work.
- Experience with mechanical and/or building installations
- Minimum 5 year leading technical experienced in an industrial environment (preferably with conveyor systems)
- Delivering status reports, feedback from site and best practices to improve our project deliveries.
- Managing Project deadlines and milestones.
- Experience within material handling or industrial transport systems is an added advantage.
- Willing to travel for global projects up to 70- 80% of the time: staying on location for min 2 to 6 months continuously.
- Knowledge of Vanderlande equipment and systems is a plus.
- Good command of English language (written & spoken), Global mindset and cultural sensitivity is expected.
key tasks and responsibilities
- You will organize & be responsible for all on-site installation activities on regular projects or for parts of bigger projects.
- In bigger projects you will get a specific project scope, preferred as an Electrical supervisor or as a Mechanical supervisor .
In doing so, you will:
- Be responsible to draw up the project 'installation' schedule.
- Ensure a proper preparation of the installation plans of the project/equipment
- Organize proper unloading and site logistics.
- Instruct the installation team about technical and installation requirements.
- Be responsible to organize all HSE related activities on site
- Work according the standard processes. Perform quality checks on installation and these processes.
- Provide proper status reports about progress to Project manager, customer & line manager.
- Create and support a high-quality hand over to commissioning teams, Support commissioning during the testing phase.
- Organize all site related activities until handover to customer Your profile.
Role & Organisation:
As Site Supervisor you will be responsible for all the activities involved in the installation of our automated material handling systems in regular projects, or in parts of bigger projects. You will be part of the project team, led by the project manager. You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities, while for larger projects (longer duration and greater complexity) you will report through a senior site manager.
The project team consists of supervisors, safety engineers and subcontractors). From an early stage you will work on organizing the project, under leadership of a Project Manager. After the site is ready for installation, you will travel to the project location on-site you and represent Vanderlande to the customer.
Many a times you will need to work independently and take in-situ decisions after consultation with the Site & project managers.