Are you the technical guru (female or male) that we seek? Do you love combining technology with travel? Then this is your opportunity!
In a world full of industrial automation, service is of the utmost importance. This requires skilled people with a high customer focus. Will you go the extra mile to find the root cause of a problem? Do you enjoy traveling to the customer where needed, to add immediate value by installing new software, solve problems or implement improvements?
Automation Support Expert… Sounds great… but what does it entail?
You work with our in-house developed software based on QNX or Linux and C++. This software controls our automated material handling system. We use innovative technologies and state-of-the-art equipment with the ultimate goal to let our customer experience maximum value of process automation. The work has immediate impact on the system installed at our customers sites!
You are the last level of support within the Service Desk organization and your primary tasks include analysing Incidents to restore service, then identify the root-cause. Preventing is much better than reacting and that is why you develop solid, permanent solutions and lead the implementation. In most cases, you will provide this support remotely via a VPN-connection. That said, on a regular basis you will visit the customer to perform upgrades and other changes as we continue to implement ways to improve our systems on site. So, will you travel to our customer for instance in Japan or France? This senior role obviously comes with more challenging tasks. We invite you to a personal conversation to talk about the full scope.
- Managing the most complex, often multidisciplinary, incidents and problems.
- Continuously improve our processes and products (for example tools and technologies).
- Contributing to a qualitative knowledge management and training environment.
- Encouraging collaboration between colleagues, departments, and customers.
- Introducing new products and services in the team.
Your workplace is flexible, and you have the option to work from home 2 days per week. We value personal contact with your colleagues, and we love seeing you in the office where you can share your knowledge and experiences.
Travel is a key factor of this role. Before you know it, you are at the customer site for up to 25% of your time. All in mutual agreement, of course! Remember to bring your passport and visa!
Who are you?
You are a go-getter and do not give up until you find a solution. You dare to take your questions to your colleagues, and you enjoy learning from them. You also enjoy sharing your knowledge with them. Working in a team energizes you and you are always ready to help your colleagues.
- have a technical oriented education
- have knowledge of PROFINET, ASi and networks, Siemens PLC/TIA Portal. This an advantage!
- are fluent in English (both verbal and written) and basic Dutch
- do not mind participating in our stand-by rotation every 5/6 weeks for compensation
- have a flexible mindset and you are pro-active
If you do not meet all the above, no problem! We would like to engage with you in a conversation to find out more.
If you love working in an international organization and interacting with diverse cultures daily, then Vanderlande is the place to be. Your team consists of 25 motivated engineers with a technical background. It is a healthy mix of young talented and seasoned professionals. We are an important part of the Service Desk.
Together we provide 24×7 support to contribute to our goal of a happy customer! No challenge is too big!
How we do this? With dedication, collaboration and by learning from each other. Of course, there is room in our team for a healthy dose of humour. We want you to enjoy coming to work!
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software, and life-cycle services.
At Vanderlande, you can develop your career, satisfy your ambitions, aspire to new heights, while enjoying personal growth and thriving on achievement.
In the challenging and responsible position of Automation Support Expert, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international, and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
What do we offer?
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 4.100 to € 5.300 gross per month (excluding 8% holiday allowance). Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary, you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- A Health & Wellbeing budget worth € 300,- per calendar year.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centres with a gym, physiotherapists, and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the role of Automation Support Expert appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your resume and motivation letter. For more information, please contact Chiel Janssen (Recruiter) on +31413494102 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.