SCADA Support Expert
As SCADA Support Expert at Vanderlande, you are playing a pivotal role in the support towards your colleagues and our customers who encounter SCADA related problems.
You will work in a multicultural team within an international organization. Your team consists of 25 engineers with a technical background consisting of young talented vs seasoned professionals who analyze and solve the more complex issues together with you. You are an important part of the Service Desk. Together we provide 24×7 support to contribute to our goal of a happy customer! No challenge is too big!
As SCADA Support Expert you are responsible for providing operational support for a wide variety of systems through the various SCADA applications developed by Vanderlande to ensure stability, security and performance of our customers processes.
Your main focus is analyzing, troubleshooting incidents and create solutions. You analyze the cause of the incident and come up with solutions to prevent reoccurrences (problem management). You'll then prepare, implement and test the agreed changes and implement a permanent solution (change management). Performing health checks independently, advising on controls-related matters and modifications to systems to colleagues and customers are your daily activities as well.
Your workplace is flexible. You can work from home, although we expect you to be at the office regularly because we find personal contact with your colleagues very important!
Most of these support tasks are carried out via VPN connections. In addition, there is a need to carry out occasional work on site, inside or outside Europe.
Would you like to become a SCADA Support Expert at Vanderlande? Read below if the job suits you.
- Acts as a supporting technical expert to manage the most complex and critical controls incidents & problems (multidisciplinary)
- Initiate and acts on improvements in technology, processes and tooling for service modules to achieve continuous development.
- Contributes to knowledge management and initiate knowledge sessions and share awareness for your team, colleagues and our customers.
- Informs relevant stakeholders to search for possible further integrations and collaborations to share awareness of (re-occurring) issues, problems in the life cycle services.
- Assigns and performs the introduction on new Services & Products to support.
Who are you?
You are a go-getter and don't give up until you find a solution. You don't see asking for help from your colleagues as failure. You show the will to learn. Working in a team gives you energy and you are always ready to help your colleagues.
Furthermore you must have:
- Bachelor Degree (B.E. / B.Tech) in EN&TC/ Instrumentation/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Industrial Automation
- Relevant working experience in Oracle databases (Administration) and MS SQL.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Knowledge of SIMATIC SCADA Systems (WinCC, WinCC OA) or i4SCADA is a prerequisite
- Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written).
- Willing to work in a stand-by schedule together with your team
- A flexible & pro-active mindset