As a member of a Scrum team, you will be responsible for understanding and following requirements set by the Product Owners, System Architects and Software Architects, developing robust and feature rich software, contributing to peer/team code reviews, and following change management best practices.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities)
Solid understanding of duties performed within the entire software development life cycle, as well as tools, and language(s) to include:
- Collaborate with Product Owners/BA’s in refinement and defining user stories
- Follow and coach best practices for software development
- Design, develop, maintain and/or work with complex microservices and microfrontends that meet requirements, provide high quality in a high performance environment
- Contributes to complex application architectures and technical alternatives to meet functional requirements working with the development team and System, Software, and Solution architects
- Contributes to and leads technical documentation development for application designs
- Ability to analyze functional issues, performance issues, production components and configurations, Triaging/troubleshooting of issues across dev, QA, and production environments
- Work as a multi-skilled professional practicing Agile in a SCRUM methodology
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and coaching within the team
Required Education and Experience
- Technical College Degree, Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- A Minimum of 7 years working experience developing in JAVA with Spring Boot. A minimum of 3 years working experience in Front-End development, including working with Angular.
- Advanced knowledge developing REST APIs and micro-services
- Experience with Webpack 5 and Webpack Module Federation
- Experience with the following technologies: Kubernetes, Kafka (or similar MQ system), Keycloak
- Experience developing unit and automated tests.
- Working knowledge of Apache Camel, JMS, JNDI, JUnit, and Cucumber
- API Testing – Postman, SoapUI (at least one is required)
- Experience in working with GIT, SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Experience in working with either Maven or Gradle build tools
- Working knowledge and experience in using Docker and Kubernetes clusters
- Practical use of JSON, XML, XSLT
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of applications within cloud systems (Azure, Rancher, etc.)
- Working experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in construction of CI/CD pipelines in collaboration with DevOps including integration of test automation systems
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team)
- Be able to contribute to the onboarding process of additional team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical abilities, and able to put forward recommendations.
- Able to work unsupervised, take initiative and resolve issues