You will be responsible for a wide range of QA areas including creation of test plans, scripts, performance plans, and automation of those into DevOps pipelines for continuous testing of high level control software platforms and applications. As a member of an agile team working with Sr. Developers, Architects, and Integration Engineers, you participate in various product development and project specific projects. You can work independently and take responsibility for testing coverage of the SDLC from test plan, reporting, and release validation. You will also coach and train others on testing best practices and standards, continuously evaluating new techniques and technologies to improve the organizations quality through a customer-centric approach.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities)
Solid understanding of duties performed within entire software development life cycle, tools, and language(s) to include:
- Collaborate with Product Owners/BA’s/Architects in refinement and defining story acceptance criteria for controls-based software utilized in automated systems for material movement
- Analyze system requirements and review technical specifications to assess, evaluate, and create testing requirements for all software components for functional and end-to-end scenarios
- Follows and coaches best practices for construction and utilization of Hybrid Testing Framework (data-driven, Keyword Driven) to support both Dev and DevOps in Test/Behavior driven designs and DevOps CI/CD pipelines for test automation/integration.
- Collaborate and contribute to automation test system architecture, methodologies, and processes using industry best practices and innovation of testing framework
- Design, construct, and maintain automated test reporting infrastructure for providing technical, project, and business visibility to software quality at various stages of the CI/CD and SDLC
- Assist with performance test creation, execution, and integration into CI/CD
- Collaborate with deployment engineers around customer acceptance test plans evaluating areas of automation prior to software deployment
- Works as a multi-skilled professional practicing SAFe Agile in both a SCRUM/Kanban methodology
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and coaching within the team
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- A Minimum of 8 years working experience as a QA Engineer and at least 2 of those years in working with complex testing frameworks supporting automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Core JAVA 8 and above / Spring Boot experience
- Knowledgeable on testing tools with experience in the following:
- API Testing – Postman, SoapUI (required work experience in at least one option)
- UI Automation Testing: Selenium, Cypress (required work experience in at least one option)
- Performance Testing: JMeter
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex test analysis, test case construction/automation and defect documentation for reproduction.
- Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills along with the ability to work within a single team and across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of test systems/frameworks within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Knowledge about Kafka or similar MQ system
- Controls software testing within various industrial environments like baggage handling, Warehouse Control/Execution software or equivalent
- Working experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo etc.)
- Experience testing cloud-based software with domain driven designs using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL language in one or more database platforms (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MS SQL)
- Integration of testing controls into CI/CD pipeline and within release management processes
- Certification with TMAP and/or ISTQB is a plus, but not required
- Also a plus:
- Performance Testing: LoadRunner
- UI Automation Testing: Katalon Studio
- BDD Framework: Spec Flow (.Net C#)
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team).
- Be able to contribute to the onboarding process of new team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical abilities and able to make recommendations in written and verbal form.
- Able to work unsupervised, take initiative and resolve issues.