Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit www.vanderlande.com
Development Center Equipment India (formerly Research & Development India) is an extended arm of DCE Netherlands and plays a key role in the continuous investment in developing new products and leverage technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products in material handling automation solutions market.
As a Scrum Master (SM) you will play a key role of Team Coach. SM assists the team in meeting their delivery goals, coach teams in self-organization and self-management and help them co-ordinate and participate in Agile Release Trains (ARTs) events.
SM are integral members of an Agile Team and share responsibilities with the team for their overall performance. In your role you will report to the DCE (R&D) Group Lead. You will also have a dotted line connection with the ARTs team in the Netherlands.
BE. / B. Tech/ M.E / M. Tech (Any Discipline) degree from a recognized University / Institution.
As an enthusiastic, result driven and versatile person with experience of working with multidisciplinary teams consists of mechanical, electrical, controls (PLC) and software engineers. You have relevant experience with the development of high-tech solutions and a natural interest in mechatronic systems, preferably on embedded or PLC based control systems, mainly deployed for operating material handling automation solutions.
- Minimum 12-15 years of relevant industry experience, out of which at least 4 years as a Scrum Master role.
- Certified as Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) / Scrum Master (CSM)
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Primarily collaborate with other Scrum Masters (SM), Product Owners (PO), Chief Product Owners (CPO), System Architect (SA), System Designers (SD), Release Train Engineer (RTE), and developers working actively with the team during PI planning
- Facilitate PI Planning – Prepare for PI, co-ordinate with other teams, create team PI objectives, Review final plans and business value
- Supporting iteration execution
- Facilitate team events: Backlog refinement, Team planning, Team sync, Iteration review and retrospective
- Work within the ART’s cadence: help the team apply Scrum within the development cadence, dependency management, and Release on demand
- Collaborate with the PO: help the team understand the need for clear and concise team backlog items
- Improving flow – Coach to significantly improve the team’s flow of work, eliminate bottlenecks, and delays
- Resolve team conflicts and develop team skillsets
- Improve ART performance – facilitate cross-team collaboration, build trust with stakeholders, coach for meeting PI objectives, help team inspect and adapt and facilitate the problem-solving workshop
- Good oral and written communication proficiency – English language
- Taking initiative, supportive, creativity and flexibility/adaptability
- Innovative mind-set and drive for continuous improvement
- People management – team lead skill
- Collaborative – multilingual and multicultural team setups
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate about Agile and Scrum
- Assertive and able to achieve effective conflict resolution
- Practical expertise of Atlassian tool suits (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, SourceTree, Bamboo)
- Knowledge of Microsoft application tools (MS word, MS excel, MS outlook and MS teams app.)