Front End Engineer at Digital Service Platform
Starting date: Sep 2023
Job Location: Pune, India
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory (DSF) department!
Different teams in the department our building Digital Services to provide more insights on how the Vanderlande equipment is running and tries to predict when maintenance is due, before being confronted with unplanned downtime. We are looking for a front-end engineer who is able to help building solutions to move from existing 3rd party dashboards to more customized and highly integrated Digital Services.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You build and develop our responsive web application that works well on a variety of screen resolutions and browsers.
- You develop new features for our products and services which provide our customers with actionable information through multiple channels.
- You participate in end-to-end development through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iterations.
- You actively contribute to continuous integration efforts and improvements in our way of working.
- You collaborate with UX designers to develop appealing and intuitive interfaces based on graphic designs or mock-ups.
- You guide and mentor other front-end developers and help them out when necessary.
- Together with a small team, the first period at DSP, you will be working on a proof of concept that aims to proof the generation of dashboards using Angular using default building blocks
- After proving the PoC successful, you will take the learnings and implement them in the products
- You have experience in developing online applications using micro front end architectures, especially those containing a lot of data.
- You have experience with and/or skills in UX design/development you are able to create an aesthetically pleasing and user experience friendly interface based on (or without any) minimal mock-ups.
- You have experience with Angular v12+, Typescript, RxJS, Web Components, Lit-Element, Storybook, Web Performance, Web Workers.
- Total experience of 10+ years
- You have experience with HTML5 (+ markdown), CSS, SCSS
- You know how to develop secure front end applications and are familiar with oauth2
- You have experience with writing different types of tests, like unittesting (Jest), visual, and/or consumer driven contract testing (Pact).
- You have excellent problem-solving and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience with reactive and object-oriented programming.
- You know how to close the customer feedback loop and continuously improve the front end apps
- You have experience with Git (bitbucket).
- You have experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker).
- You have experience with Kubernetes as a developer.