Vanderlande is the market leader in efficient logistics process automation within the airports and parcel sector. In addition, we are a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Working within London Heathrow IAG Cargo, the Service Technician will be performing maintenance duties to ensure productivity and output, equipment availability, health & safety compliance and quality. You will be performing the following tasks::
- Responsible for performing malfunction and maintenance work as well as carrying out preventive and periodic maintenance, in collaboration with colleagues.
- Resolving mechanical, electrical and any control technical faults
- Ensure rapid response to breakdown situations and effective corrective maintenance regimes.
- To enter all work carried out and parts used into Maximo
- To be conversant and capable of working in all areas:
– ULD Systems
– Cage Systems
What we expect from you
As a Service Technician you make an important contribution to customer satisfaction, whereby the continuity of the customer process is central. You therefore have an enthusiastic and proactive attitude and are flexible. We expect the following of you:
- You are in the possession of a City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 or above in maintenance mechanical / electrical discipline.
- Willing to work shifts including nights
- Experience with maintenance planning
What we see as a nice to have:
- 18th Edition (BS 7671 / wiring regs)
- You have gained experience within an FMCG manufacturing or automated environment
- Experience in training/coaching
- Demonstrate problem/fault fining skills.
- Understand how to collect, validate sufficient information to carry out effective root cause analysis and develop recommendations for implementation.
What we offer:
- Performance related pay
- 288 Hours Holiday
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero or sausage roll at Greggs! Along with hundreds of savings on day to day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.